Wednesday, January 22, 2014

:: Refashion - girl's dress

In 2012 when I was pregnant with Anson, I found a cute tunic on clearance at H&M.
I wanted to make it into a dress, so I bought two of them. 
This is what I came up with and you can see the post here.
After sewing the bottom half of the second tunic onto the first tunic, 
I had a top half left over.
I decided to make it into a dress for Ava.
Friends. . . this is a top that I've been meaning to refasion for more than a year.
My poor sewing pile.
I was determined to finish it.
Almost a year and a half later.  Ha!
I used another dress of Ava's as a pattern and just hoped that it turned out.
And luckily it did!
It looks darling on her.
And she's quite the little model.

I'll be sharing this here.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, you are so talented Amy!!! I loved your first refashion and I love this one! I remember thinking maybe I could pull off a refashion like your first one, but to turn a women's top into a girl's dress sounds WAY more complicated. You've got some serious skill! I love it! :-D I'll have to have you show me how you did it one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Brittany! I can totally teach you! (not that I completely know what I'm doing . . . ha!)

    ReplyDelete